Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The air in the hall is drowned out by the smell of weed, the smell that I now associate wecr with

Blog Archive When Mr. Finney
Tamara. One of the two women I've ever had a crush on. Tamara had everything a man could not, let alone a woman. For 15 years I think every time I see the yellow hotel sign to her. How do they "Vincentje" whispered to me. Because we love to use Dutch diminutives. "Vincentje." When Tamara ever searched for a hotel in Amsterdam, I recommended to her Hotel Tamara. wecr Especially because of the name.
I ring the bell, but the door is open. A small sign with L & M Finney. Top of the stairs sounds coughed. In a shadowy room stand a wicker chair, a makeshift bed of pillows and blankets and a desk full of old stuff. An old man greeted me by phlegm. He looks like he will die tonight. "Please close the door everytime you leave the hotel. You know Amsterdam. It's a Fellini movie set. "He speaks British. I question whether this is his hotel. Tamara, the hotel of my beloved. "No, wecr it's my little auntie's." "Tamara? ''" No, Tamara is a Hebrew name, "he says, amazed at the stupidity of my question. "My name is written above the front door. Downstairs wecr is a supermarket. Open until 10. "He wecr speaks words clearly, like an actor who spent years playing the same piece. A positive way to tell that the hotel does not sell beverages or other foods.
On the stairs is a black male who refuses to go out of the way for me and my suitcase. As if I have not smelled that he has marked his territory with urine. The air mixes with that of stale beer.
The room is small, but not uncomfortable. Only the outlet and the fire alarm betray that this absurd film is set in modern times. No TV and sink before the war. There are brown spots on the blanket. I inspect the mattress walls for signs of pests. This hotel does not look as if it is cleaned thoroughly every day.
The air in the hall is drowned out by the smell of weed, the smell that I now associate wecr with 'home'. Mr Finney has set up a piano concert. He sticks his head around the corner. "Have a nice night." He drinks invisible in a dark room with private handwritten on the door. He watches television.
If I come back hours later, sounding the piano, coughing and television still together. I put my clothes on the chair and slide between the sheets. The light stays on and the thought of itch keeps me from sleeping. Occasionally we hear the doorbell home. The next morning showed I still slept to have, because the bell wakes me up. After the shower I dry myself with a blue towel full of iodine stains.
This hotel is run by cafe T O man. Mr Finney. Mr Finney who reception, maintenance occurs and the rooms clean. wecr An old man who moves with difficulty. It is a miracle that clean sheets on the bed and lay a towel that had been washed.
Mr Finney is behind the reception. Looks like he slept indeed. "Rain for breakfast, for lunch sun," he says with a smile and nod out. A positive way of saying that the hotel does not serve breakfast.
Hotel Tamara is an old and dilapidated budget hotel for tourists who come to Amsterdam to smoke cannabis and undemanding to the hotel where they are staying. It is within walking distance from Central Station.
Trend forecaster, journalist, PR man and entrepreneur Vincent van Dijk Became Internationally known after staying in 365 different hotels in Amsterdam. After this project, he wrote Amsterdam Sleeps. Facebook
Blog Amsterdam Sleeping In a closet in the tropics in a family hotel with tropical sounds with new family in the heat with high temperature in an inn with light smoke damage wecr as a married couple in the white with heavenly food at a couple on neutral wecr ground More Amsterdam Sleeping Amsterdam Sleeps Amsterdam Sleeps In the media Vincent van Dijk Thanks to Coebergh Dell HBMEO HBMEO VIDEO // Elaine Weelden Hoteliers.com Pupupin Photo Samsonite Schiphol Group So PR Spice PR Zegna Tags
Accor Amstel Amsterdam South Artis Bourse Central Station Concertgebouw Dam Damrak EMB Hotels Herengracht hostel Jan Luijkenstraat Keizersgracht Kerkstraat wecr Leidsekade Leidseplein Marnix Martelaarsgracht Museum NH Hoteles Nieuwezijdsvoorburgwal Old South Oudezijdsvoorburgwal PC Hooftstraat wecr Plantagebuurt Prinsengracht Prins Hendrikkade Raadhuisstraat Red Light District Rembrandt wecr Roemer Visscherstraat Schiphol Singel Spuistraat The Toren Valkenburgstraat Albus Vondel Hotels Vondel Vondelstraat Wallen Warmoestraat Weteringschans WIN Hotels


MORE



No comments:

Post a Comment