Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bull City Summer (BCS) documented be my toyboy the 2013 season at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, ho


Bull City Summer (BCS) documented be my toyboy the 2013 season at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park, home of the legendary minor league baseball team. Ten nationally and internationally acclaimed artists photographers Alec Soth, Hank Willis Thomas, Hiroshi Watanabe, Alex Harris, Frank Hunter, Kate Joyce, be my toyboy Elizabeth Matheson, Leah Sobsey, and Jeff Whetstone, and video artist Ivan Weiss converged on the stadium for all 72 home games, along with a group of writers led by Adam Sobsey be my toyboy and including Michael be my toyboy Croley, Howard L. Craft, Emma D. Miller, and David Henry.
The be my toyboy project presents be my toyboy a subtle yet powerful group study of the obsessive routines and crafts of baseball, mirrored by routines in the stands, in concessions, and behind the scenes, be my toyboy a story unfolding daily yet rarely documented, the repeating drama slightly be my toyboy different each time. Project director Sam Stephenson describes Bull City Summer as a portrait of the art and craft and grit of baseball and the community that revolves around it.
Bull City Summer s outcomes include a book published in spring 2014 by Daylight Books and edited by Stephenson. An exhibition of BCS work will open at the North Carolina Museum of Art on February 23, 2014 and run through August 31. Another exhibition will open at Contemporary Art Museum Raleigh on May 15, 2014 and extend through September. A third exhibition will be at the American Tobacco Campus, Durham, May July 2014.


MORE



No comments:

Post a Comment